2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Starting at $28,870 MSRP*
- Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain with 212 horsepower and standard Real Time AWD™
- Customizable drive modes – Econ, Sport, and EV
- Standard Honda Sensing® driver-assistive safety technologies
- Up to 40 City / 35 Highway / 38 Combined MPG rating**
- Hybrid badging and distinctive blue Honda front grille emblem
- Model-specific instrument panel with display for power/charge status and driver-selectable display for power distribution and regeneration
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) designed to increase awareness by pedestrians
- Available 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio interface with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
About the Honda CR-V Hybrid
Marking another historic milestone in the storied heritage of the Honda CR-V, 2020 will be the first model year for the efficient CR-V Hybrid. Drivers across the country have fallen in love with the CR-V, helping to make it America’s best-selling crossover for two decades. As Honda’s first-ever hybrid, the all-new CR-V Hybrid will be assembled in Greensburg, Indiana alongside the traditional CR-V and the Insight hybrid sedan. With the introduction of the all-new CR-V Hybrid, Honda is one step closer to accomplishing its goal of achieving two-thirds of its global automotive sales from electrified models by the year 2030. Its outstanding fuel economy figures come as a result of its innovative dual-motor hybrid powertrain. Boldly redesigned exterior styling also helps to elevate the CR-V Hybrid above the competition. Advanced tech features throughout the cabin along with standard driver-assistive safety features help the all-new Honda CR-V outperform even its most established rivals.
What the Critics Say
Honda CR-V Hybrid Features
An excellent choice for compact crossover shoppers searching for the ultimate in efficiency, the Honda CR-V Hybrid is powered by an advanced two-motor powertrain to help you go farther than ever before. Using the same innovations as the current Accord Hybrid, this proven powertrain features two electric motors in addition to a 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC Atkinson cycle engine which offers over 40 percent thermal efficiency. Each of these unique attributes allow the CR-V Hybrid to deliver smooth, seamless power delivery due to the fact that its construction doesn’t require a traditional automatic transmission. One of the key strengths of the Honda CR-V since its introduction has been its tremendous cargo-carrying capabilities. This remains true with the all-new CR-V Hybrid thanks to its ingenious positioning of the intelligent power unit (IPU) beneath the rear cargo floor. Offering a total of 212 combined system horsepower, the CR-V Hybrid targets an anticipated 50% EPA-estimated city fuel economy increase.
Choosing a hybrid SUV no longer means having to make sacrifices on refinement and comfort when you drive a Honda CR-V Hybrid. You’ll also discover plenty of unique interior treatments which separate the CR-V Hybrid from its conventional CR-V sibling. One example is its signature push-button gear selector which is accented with switches for Econ, Sport, and EV drive modes. Another distinctive feature of the CR-V Hybrid is a digital readout within the gauge cluster that provides information related to energy regeneration and power distribution. Perfect for getting comfortable on extended road trips, the CR-V Hybrid can be equipped with optional leather-trimmed seats. With the available Display Audio interface with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, all of your favorite apps and media are right at your fingertips.
To help keep you protected from the unexpected on the highways, all Honda CR-V Hybrid models come standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies. Examples of these innovative safety features include Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with low-speed follow, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and pedestrian sensing capability. Another feature that will debut on the CR-V Hybrid is the Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS). Intended to increase pedestrian awareness, this innovative system uses a speaker mounted in the front bumper to generate an audible alert which varies in volume depending on the speed of the vehicle.
Trims & Specs
CR-V Hybrid LX
- Starting at $28,870 MSRP*
- Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain with 40 City / 35 Highway / 38 Combined MPG rating
- Real Time AWD™
- Honda Sensing®
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback
CR-V Hybrid EX
- Starting at $31,380 MSRP*
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- Heated Front Seats
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
CR-V Hybrid EX-L
- Starting at $33,870 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Interior
- Power Tailgate
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
CR-V Hybrid Touring
- Starting at $37,070 MSRP*
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 330-Watt Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers
- Wireless Phone Charger
- 19-Inch Alloy Wheels
*MSRP includes $1,120 destination charge, but excludes tax, license, registration and options. Dealer prices may vary.
**40 city/35 highway/38 combined mpg rating. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.