2022 Honda SUV Model Comparison
More and more drivers are making the switch from sedans and minivans to the crossover and SUV segment. A variety of reasons are responsible for the shift in buyer preferences. These SUVs feature bold styling, rugged performance capabilities, a confident driving position, and plenty of space for both passengers and cargo. When you take a closer look at the Honda vehicle lineup you’ll find four distinctive SUV options. From the city-sized HR-V and versatile CR-V to the adventurous Passport and family-friendly Pilot — there’s a Honda SUV that’s perfectly suited to your lifestyle.
In an effort to help you make the right decision that fits both your budget and driving needs, our team at Germain Honda of Beavercreek has assembled this in-depth guide that compares all four Honda SUV models side-by-side.
Honda Crossovers & SUVs – Key Specifications
2022 Honda HR-V
2022 Honda CR-V
2022 Honda Pilot
2022 Honda Passport
|Engine||1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder||1.5-Liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder||3.5-Liter V6||3.5-Liter V6|
|Horsepower / Torque||141 / 127 lb ft||190 / 179 lb ft||280 / 262 lb ft||280 / 262 lb ft|
|Drivetrain||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD|
|EPA-Estimated MPG** (city/hwy/combined)||Up to 28 / 34 / 30 **||Up to 28 / 34 / 30 **||Up to 20 / 27 / 23 **||Up to 20 / 25 / 22 **|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||Not Recommended||1,500 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)|
|Seating Capacity||5||5||7 or 8||5|
|Cargo Capacity||Up to 58.8 cubic feet||Up to 75.8 cubic feet||Up to 109 cubic feet||Up to 100 cubic feet|
2022 Honda HR-V
Starting at $23,095 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $23,095 MSRP*
- 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque
- Updated styling featuring revised bumpers, headlights, grille, and taillights
- Sport and Touring trim levels
- 2nd row Magic Seat®, offering up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space
- Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration
- Available Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features
- Multi-angle rearview camera with three angles – normal, top-down, and wide
In addition to its compact platform, the Honda HR-V features dynamic styling and a big attitude to match your personality. Great for exploring urban environments, the HR-V is powered by a responsive yet fuel-efficient 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine which produces 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque. Available all-wheel drive allows you to travel confidently across the entire spectrum of road conditions. Adapt the interior of your HR-V to suit your needs with a standard 60/40 split second row Magic Seat®. Optional Honda Sensing® gives drivers a collection of cutting-edge driver-assistive safety innovations which act as an extra set of eyes to keep you safe. Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® lets you keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and total control over an array of tech features. You’ll always arrive at your destination safely and on time thanks to the optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ found inside the Honda HR-V.
2022 Honda CR-V
Starting at $27,625 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $27,625 MSRP*
- Available Hands-Free Tailgate Access
- Standard 190 Horsepower from 1.5L turbocharged engine
- Up to 34 Highway MPG**
- Available Rain-sensing Windshield Wipers
- Standard Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Available 330 watt / 9 speaker premium audio system
- 39.2 Cubic Feet of Cargo Space
No matter if it’s a night on the town or an exciting weekend road trip, the Honda CR-V is able to transform and drive into a memorable adventure. Eye-catching styling, distinctive headlights, and unique alloy wheel designs help you stand out in a sea of mundane crossovers with your CR-V. Inside its ergonomic interior, you’ll find premium soft-touch materials in addition to innovative technologies such as a Display Audio Touchscreen for a truly luxurious feel. Every CR-V comes standard with a potent yet efficient 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ allows you to venture where other SUVs fear to tread. Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration lets you access your favorite apps and media no matter how far your travels take you. An easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seatback makes it easy to carry larger or oddly-shaped cargo.
2022 Honda Pilot
Starting at $38,805 MSRP* | Up to 20 city / 27 highway / 23 combined MPG** | Seating – 7 or 8 Passengers
- Starting at $38,805 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower
- Available Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Optional Pilot-first Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
Perfectly suited for growing families, the versatile Honda Pilot features generous seating for up to 8 passengers. You’ll have enough power to carry the entire team across town for soccer practice thanks to a standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6. Upscale features available inside the cabin of the Pilot include leather-trimmed seating surfaces, a one-touch power moonroof, second-row captain’s chairs, and even a mobile hotspot with a data plan from AT&T. Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ lets you find directions, send or receive text messages, and use your favorite apps through the Display Audio touchscreen inside the Pilot. Honda Sensing® gives you driver-assistive safety features including a Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and greater confidence behind the wheel.
2022 Honda Passport
Starting at $39,095 MSRP* | Up to 20 city / 25 highway / 22 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $39,095 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
The newest member of the Honda SUV family, the bold off-road ready Passport slots between the compact CR-V and the family-sized Pilot. In addition to streamlined styling and functional design elements, the Passport’s interior has room for just about anything. An assortment of seating configurations, generous cargo capacity, and ingenious underfloor storage compartments make the Passport your perfect companion for adventure. No obstacle will stand between you and your destination thanks to a standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and optional Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive. An optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate lets you quickly grab your cargo with just the swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper. No matter if you’re on city streets or on a rural gravel road, the rugged styling of the Honda Passport is never out of its element.
*MSRP includes $1,225.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.