2020 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2020 Honda Pilot
- Starting at $32,645 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM™) AWD system
- Available Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional Pilot-first Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
About the Honda Pilot
No matter your destination, the Honda Pilot has the versatility, styling, and innovative tech features to help you get the most out of every mile. As one of the select vehicles in its segment available with 8-passenger seating, the Pilot offers spacious cargo capacity along with customizable seating configurations for greater comfort. Its premium interior and off-road performance capabilities help make it a hit with growing families. Now included as standard on all Pilot models, the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies help provide confidence behind the wheel. Optional Satellite-Linked Navigation features turn-by-turn guidance to help you reach at your destination safely. It’s also easier than ever to access the cargo area of the Pilot even with your hands full of shopping bags with the optional hands-free power-operated tailgate.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2020
Expanding on its already successful legacy, the Honda Pilot returns for 2020 with a new addition to its model lineup. Positioned atop the Pilot lineup, the all-new Black Edition includes standard all-wheel drive, heated second-row captain’s chairs, and exclusive treatments found on both the interior and exterior. Offering a more menacing look, these models also include signature black exterior trim, black-painted 20-inch alloy wheels, and Black Crystal Pearl exterior paint. Step inside and you’ll be greeted by a premium black leather interior featuring red contrast stitching and red accent lighting.
Honda Pilot Features
Performance, Capabilities, and Styling
Bold, confident, and capable — the Honda Pilot demands attention with its striking front fascia featuring standard LED low-beam headlights. At the rear, taillights with amber turn signals and LED backup lights along with an optional Pilot-first hands-free power tailgate add to the premium feel of this SUV. Standard performance comes from a 280-horsepower 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6, giving you an ideal blend of response and efficiency. Helping to boost fuel efficiency, this engine features a revised Idle Stop system with a brake pressure trigger for faster restarts. Included as standard on Touring and Elite trims, a 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) has been enhanced to provide smoother launch and lower speed acceleration. Available on all trim levels, optional all-wheel drive gives you increased grip and confidence across the entire spectrum of road conditions.
Upscale materials, luxurious amenities, and useful everyday features help you relax and escape the stress of your commute inside the Honda Pilot. A steering wheel with simplified controls and instrumentation are examples of revisions found on the 2020 Pilot. Touring and Elite models are offered with second-row captain’s chairs while EX-L, Touring, and Elite grades come equipped with second-row retractable sunshades. A 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers, heated and ventilated front seats, and perforated leather seating surfaces are other examples of upscale features available on the Pilot. Enhanced for simplified use, the available Rear Entertainment System (RES) features a larger screen and can even play CDs in the same drive that plays DVDs and Blu-ray™ media.
The innovative Display Audio System serves as your centralized location for infotainment inside the Pilot and lets you create customizable shortcuts on its simplified menu interface. Using its available 4G LTE-based Wi-Fi hotspot, you’ll have the capability to support up to 7 devices. It’s even able to stream select “Smart TV”-style videos directly on the Rear Entertainment System (RES) via any Wi-Fi connection. For the first time on the Pilot, drivers can opt for wireless smartphone charging using Qi and PMA charging standards. CabinTalk™ incorporates a HandsFreeLink® microphone to allow simple communication with second and third row passengers using the rear speakers, wireless headphones, or both. This function lets you monitor various functions such as rear climate and the audio system using your compatible smartphone.
For the very first time, all Honda Pilot models now come standard with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Technologies included in this impressive collection are Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning. Other standard features include automatic high beams and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera for greater confidence when backing out of a tight parking space. As a result, it comes as no surprise that the 2020 Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $32,645 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower direct-injected, i-VTEC® V6 engine
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights with auto-on/off
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- 8-passenger seating
- Starting at $35,525 MSRP*
- 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touchscreen, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Heated front seats with 10-way power driver’s seat
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- One-touch 2nd-row seats
- Starting at $38,955 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed interior
- Power tailgate
- One-touch power moonroof
- Integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Three USB charging ports
- Starting at $43,715 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Blu-ray™ Rear Entertainment System (RES)
- Mobile hotspot capability
- Blue ambient LED lighting and front beverage holders
- 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers
- Starting at $49,215 MSRP*
- Standard variable torque all-wheel-drive (AWD)
- Panoramic roof
- Wireless phone charger
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- LED front-row map lights
Pilot Black Edition
- Starting at $50,715 MSRP*
- Black Edition Exterior Trim
- Black Edition Leather Interior
- 20-Inch Black Alloy Wheels
- Red Ambient LED Lighting
- Heated Second-Row Captain’s Chairs
*MSRP includes $1,095.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6AT models. 18 city/26 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD 6AT models. 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD 9AT models. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD 9AT models. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.