2023 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 285 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 8-passenger seating with 1-touch fold 2nd-row bench
- Standard 7-inch or available 9-inch color touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Available rugged TrailSport trim level featuring Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height, TrailWatch™ camera system, and skid plates
About the Honda Pilot
No matter your destination, the Honda Pilot has the versatility, styling, and innovative tech features to help you get the most out of every mile. As one of the select vehicles in its segment available with 8-passenger seating, the Pilot offers spacious cargo capacity along with customizable seating configurations for greater comfort. Its premium interior and off-road performance capabilities help make it a hit with growing families. Included as standard on all Pilot models, the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies help provide confidence behind the wheel. Optional Satellite-Linked Navigation features turn-by-turn guidance to help you reach your destination safely. It’s also easier than ever to access the cargo area of the Pilot even with your hands full of shopping bags with the optional hands-free power-operated tailgate.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2023
Back and better than ever before, the 2023 Honda Pilot enters its fourth generation with an array of significant changes and improvements. Its revised exterior features a more upright and rugged look compared to its predecessor. The Pilot also receives an improved powertrain including a more powerful 285 horsepower V6 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission. Similarly, the interior of the Pilot has been extensively refreshed as well with a streamlined dashboard layout and premium materials found throughout. Finally, an all-new TrailSport trim level debuts this year with an assortment of off-road performance features and unique design cues for both the interior and exterior.
Honda Pilot Features
Performance, Capabilities, and Styling
Noticeably more striking and rugged than the prior model, the exterior appearance of the Honda Pilot makes a memorable first impression both on and off the road. Every Pilot model comes standard with LED headlights, tail lights, and fog lights for exceptional visibility in low-light conditions. Powering the Honda Pilot is a standard 3.5-liter V6 producing 285 horsepower, paired with a responsive 10-speed automatic transmission that helps it deliver outstanding fuel economy. For the ultimate in go-anywhere capabilities, choose the Pilot TrailSport and its specialized off-road performance features. Each TrailSport variant features an off-road-tuned suspension with a ride height increase of 1 inch, i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic, and all-terrain tires.
Designed to meet the needs of drivers with busy day-to-day lives, the Honda Pilot has a premium interior that offers room for either 7 or 8 passengers. With a primary focus on usability, 8-passenger models feature a clever removable second-row center seat section that stows neatly below the rear cargo floor. All essential controls are located within arm’s reach on the minimalist horizontal dashboard of the Pilot. There’s even room for two smartphones placed next to each other on the widened center console. Other available amenities offered inside the Honda Pilot include its revolutionary CabinTalk™ communication system, leather seating surfaces, panoramic moonroof, and heated/ventilated front seats.
Whether you’re headed across town or across the country, the Honda Pilot is packed with the technology features you need to stay alert and informed. No matter if it’s the standard 7-inch or the available 9-inch color touchscreen display, standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration places all of your favorite apps and media within your line of sight. Other impressive features found inside the cabin include Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging and an onboard Wi-Fi hotspot. For a truly unparalleled listening experience, the available Bose premium audio system features outstanding depth and clarity made possible by 12 speakers including a subwoofer. You’ll always have no trouble finding a new restaurant or theater to try when you opt for the optional satellite-based navigation system inside the Honda Pilot.
For maximum confidence and peace of mind, all Honda Pilot models now come standard with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Technologies included in this impressive collection are Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning. Other standard features include automatic high beams and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera for greater confidence when backing out of a tight parking space. As a result, it comes as no surprise that the Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights, foglights, DRLs and taillights
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- 7-inch digital instrument display and 7-inch color touchscreen
- Starting at $43,295 MSRP*
- Leather seating surfaces
- Wireless Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- Qi-compatible wireless charging
- 9-inch color touchscreen and 9-speaker audio
- Starting at $47,795 MSRP*
- Handsfree access power tailgate
- Opening panoramic sunroof
- Satellite-based navigation
- Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Starting at $49,695 MSRP*
- Standard i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic
- Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height
- TrailWatch™ camera system
- 18-inch black TrailSport branded alloy wheels
- Front skid plate with recovery point
- Starting at $53,375 MSRP*
- 10.2-inch digital instrument display
- Head up display
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
*MSRP includes $1,345.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/25 highway/21 combined mpg rating for non-TrailSport AWD trims. 18 city/23 highway/20 combined mpg rating for TrailSport. Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.