Honda Maintenance Minder Codes
An excellent way to ensure that your Honda delivers reliable performance for years to come is to have routine maintenance at your Honda dealer. Since it can sometimes be difficult to understand what services your vehicle needs at any given mileage interval, Honda introduced the Maintenance Minder System to help simplify servicing your vehicle.
Depending on what Honda model you drive, your vehicle will have unique maintenance needs that can depend on several factors including engine type, transmission type, or the installation of a towing package. All of these factors were carefully considered by Honda engineers in the development of specific maintenance schedules. By following these guidelines, you’re able to prevent problems before they occur and give your Honda the attention that it deserves.
Honda Maintenance Minder Video
Understanding the Maintenance Minder System
When it’s time for an oil change, the Maintenance Minder System will let you know the remaining engine oil life in the information display. This reading will be shown as a percentage, beginning with 100% oil life. As time passes, this percentage will wind down to 0% as you drive which lets you know that oil life has been depleted. The system also displays Messages, Main Items, and Sub Items. Below you will find definitions that explain what each means.
Oil Life 15% – Service is due soon. Now is a great time to schedule an appointment with Honda of Beavercreek for scheduled maintenance services.
Oil Life 5% – Service is due now. As soon as possible, you should take your vehicle to Honda of Beavercreek for scheduled maintenance.
Oil Life 0% – Service is past due. You will also see a mileage readout which indicates how far overdue you are for service. To avoid harmful wear or damage, take your vehicle in for service now.
Maintenance Main Items – Symbols
A – Indicates engine oil should be replaced.
B – Indicates engine oil and filter should be replaced. Inspections of various systems and components should also be done. See your owner’s manual for additional details.
Maintenance Sub Items – Numbers
1 – Rotate tires, verify correct tire pressure and condition.
2 – Replace air cleaner element, inspect drive belt, and replace dust and pollen filter.
3 – Replace transmission fluid and transfer fluid (if equipped).
4 – Replace spark plugs, timing belt (if equipped), inspect water pump, and inspect valve clearance.
5 – Replace engine coolant.
6 – Replace rear differential fluid (if equipped).
Decoding the Maintenance Minder System
Now that you have a better understanding of what the Messages, Main Items, and Sub Items mean — here’s an example of how to decode the entire system message.
Let’s say that you see the illuminated orange wrench and the code “A3” on your Honda Maintenance Minder display. The letter “A” refers to a Main Item which lets you know that your engine oil needs to be replaced. The number “3” is a Sub Item which indicates that it’s time to replace your transmission fluid and transfer fluid (if equipped).
Another important thing to consider is that while a Main Item will always display in the message, Sub Items are only periodically displayed because these are determined by both a time and mileage interval. It’s also possible for the system to display several Sub Items (example: A129). These additional Sub Items simply indicate another service that’s recommended. For this example, Sub Items 1, 2, and 9 are suggested.
By using the helpful link provided below, you can look up the exact maintenance schedule for your specific Honda vehicle.
Benefits of Following the Maintenance Minder Schedule
The Honda Maintenance Minder is far from just an oil change indicator. There are numerous benefits that come from following the system that both your and your vehicle will appreciate.
- Continued reliability
- Extended vehicle life
- Continued warranty coverage
- Improved resale value
Following the Maintenance Minder when completing oil changes helps you ensure that your engine continues to perform reliably. Taking the guesswork out of oil change intervals, this system helps cut down on unnecessary waste that comes from changing your oil too often. As an additional bonus, you can drive with complete peace of mind from knowing that you’re also helping our environment.
- No unnecessary wasted natural resources (oil)
- No unnecessary hazardous materials that will require proper disposal (oil and filters)
- And as a consumer you will only pay when it is necessary, saving you time and money
Germain Honda of Beavercreek – Your Honda Service Experts
Trusting Germain Honda of Beavercreek for your vehicle service needs lets you drive with total confidence. Using Genuine Honda parts, our entire team of factory-trained Honda technicians and service experts will provide your vehicle with the care and attention it deserves.
Should you still have further questions about the maintenance schedule or requirements of your Honda vehicle, our friendly and knowledgeable Honda Service Advisors are standing by to answer them. Our goal is to make it simple and convenient to keep your Honda running like the day it was new!
– Full synthetic Oil and filter change, top off all fluids, replace the drain plug crush washer, set the air in the tires to Honda spec, perform visual inspections on the suspension, belts, hoses, lights and exhaust.
|Our Price: $49.95*|
– Full synthetic Oil and filter change, clean and adjust the rear brakes and parking brake, add fuel additive, top off all fluids, replace the drain plug crush washer, set the air in the tires to Honda spec, perform visual inspections on the suspension, belts, hoses, lights and exhaust.
|Our Price: $139.95*|
|Tire rotation and brake inspection||Our Price: $19.95*|
|Engine and Cabin Filter Replacement
– Replace the engine and cabin filters. Clean all the debris from the units.
|Our Price: $129.95*|
|Transmission Fluid Service
– Drain and fill the transmission fluid and replace the drain plug washers.
|Our Price: $149.95* (Most Honda Vehicles)
Our Price: $399.95** (Push Button 9-Speed Transmission models)
– Exchange and refill of all old fluid.
|Our Price: $139.95*|
|Brake fluid flush
– Includes flushing the brakes lines, calipers or rear brakes system and master cylinder.
|Our Price: $139.95*|
|Rear Differential Fluid Service
– Drain and fill the rear differential fluid, replace the drain plug washer and clean the magnet.
|Our Price: $129.95* (Some vehicles may need to have the transfer case fluid done at this time)|
|30,000 Mile Service
– Full synthetic oil and filter change, top off all fluids, replace the drain plug washer, set the air in the tires to Honda specifications, perform visual inspections on the suspension, belts, hoses, lights and exhaust, rotate tires, perform transmission fluid service, brake fluid flush, replace the engine and cabin air filters.
|Our Price: $499.95*|
|All customers in our service department will receive a free 4-wheel alignment check.||FREE|