2019 Honda Passport Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $33,085 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to latest-generation 9-speed automatic transmission
- Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
- Standard 20-inch alloy wheels and tires on all trims
Honda Passport Video
About the All-New 2019 Honda Passport
As the newest member of the growing Honda family of crossovers and SUVs, the Passport combines rugged off-road capabilities with exceptional on-road manners to help you make the most of the journey. You’ll have plenty of space for both yourself and your passengers thanks to best-in-class interior room. Positioned between the compact CR-V and three-row Pilot, the Passport is engineered with a powerful direct-injection i-VTEC® V6 engine, fully-independent suspension, and a reinforced unibody frame for extra toughness. You’ll have the ability to conquer even the roughest terrain thanks to available Honda i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive and its four-mode Intelligent Traction Management system. The Honda Passport is available in four distinctive trim levels: the well-appointed Sport, upgraded EX-L, high-tech Touring, and the fully equipped Elite. You’ll have no trouble finding a Passport model that’s perfectly suited to your lifestyle.
What the Critics Say
Honda Passport Features
Proudly displaying the most rugged design of a Honda late model light truck to date, the Passport demands attention with striking styling cues which include an elevated ride height, bold 20-inch black wheels, a matte black grille, and blackout headlight accents. Also sophisticated on city streets, the Passport turns heads with gloss black exterior trim, chrome exhaust tips, LED headlight accents, and a distinctive “floating” C-pillar.
Beyond its stunning appearance, the Passport features additional capabilities thanks to 0.5 inches of extra ground clearance on front-wheel drive models and an impressive 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive Passport trims when compared to the three-row Honda Pilot. Improved breakover and departure angles, shorter rear overhangs, and shortened overall length help showcase the exceptional off-road abilities of the Honda Passport.
Both practical and comfortable, the interior of the Honda Passport offers generous room for up to 5 passengers along with class-leading passenger volume totaling 115.9 cubic feet and a best-in-class total interior volume of 157.1 cubic feet. Durable and attractive cloth upholstery is included as standard on Sport models while EX-L, Touring, and Elite grades receive perforated leather seats along with a blackout headliner.
A great choice for those living active lifestyles, the Passport offers a maximum cargo capacity of 77.9 cubic feet when you fold the second-row seats flat. Easy-to-clean hard plastic surfaces on the seatbacks allow you to carry a week’s worth of camping supplies or mountain bikes without worrying about the mess. You’ll also have an optional underfloor storage compartment which adds 2.5 cubic feet of extra space along with removable and washable bins.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
No matter where your journey takes you, the Honda Passport keeps you connected with an optional 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Listen to your favorite songs with outstanding clarity and depth with the available 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system found on Passport Touring and Elite trim levels.
Hear your favorite tunes with exceptional clarity and depth with the available 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system found on Passport Touring and Elite trim levels. An optional 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi TCU which has the ability to support up to seven devices along with a free 90-day/3GB trial period AT&T data plan. Use this cutting-edge system to access HondaLink® cloud-based services including maintenance tracking, appointment scheduling, and vehicle location services.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $33,085 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower Direct-Injected i-VTEC® V6 Engine
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel-Drive System
- Honda Sensing®
- Remote Engine Start
- Cargo Area Underfloor Storage Compartments
- Starting at $37,505 MSRP*
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Integration
- 8-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution Touch-Screen
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- Heated Front Seats
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Starting at $40,375 MSRP*
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Heated Front and Outboard Rear Seats
- Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Starting at $44,775 MSRP*
- Standard Variable Torque All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Automatic-Dimming, Power Folding, Heated Side Mirrors
- Perforated, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Wireless Phone Charger
*MSRP includes $1,095.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, options, and accessories. Dealers set own prices.
**20 city/25 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.