2023 Honda Passport Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to latest-generation 9-speed automatic transmission
- Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
- Available 20-inch alloy wheels and tires
About the Honda Passport
As the most rugged member of the growing Honda family of crossovers and SUVs, the Passport combines proven off-road capabilities with exceptional on-road manners to help you make the most of the journey. You’ll have plenty of space for both yourself and your passengers thanks to best-in-class interior room. Positioned between the compact CR-V and three-row Pilot, the Passport is engineered with a powerful direct-injection i-VTEC® V6 engine, fully-independent suspension, and a reinforced unibody frame for extra toughness. You’ll have the ability to conquer even the roughest terrain thanks to available Honda i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive and its four-mode Intelligent Traction Management system. The Honda Passport is available in three distinctive trim levels: the well-appointed EX-L, rugged TrailSport, and the fully equipped Elite. You’ll have no trouble finding a Passport model that’s perfectly suited to your lifestyle.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2023
For 2023, the popular Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system is now standard across the entire Honda Passport model range. The previously available front-wheel drive variant has been discontinued. Otherwise, the Honda Passport returns for 2023 essentially unchanged from last year’s model.
Honda Passport Features
Proudly displaying the most rugged design of a Honda late model light truck to date, the Passport demands attention with striking styling cues which include an elevated ride height, a matte black grille, and blackout headlight accents. Also sophisticated on city streets, the Passport turns heads with gloss black exterior trim, chrome exhaust tips, LED headlight accents, and a distinctive “floating” C-pillar.
Beyond its stunning appearance, the Passport features additional capabilities thanks to 0.5 inches of extra ground clearance on front-wheel drive models and an impressive 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive Passport trims when compared to the three-row Honda Pilot. Improved breakover and departure angles, shorter rear overhangs, and shortened overall length help showcase the exceptional off-road abilities of the Honda Passport.
Both practical and comfortable, the interior of the Honda Passport offers generous room for up to 5 passengers along with class-leading passenger volume totaling 115.9 cubic feet and a best-in-class total interior volume of 157.1 cubic feet. Premium leather-trimmed upholstery featuring contrast stitching that varies by trim level contributes to the luxurious feel of the interior of the Passport.
A great choice for those living active lifestyles, the Passport offers a maximum cargo capacity of 77.9 cubic feet when you fold the second-row seats flat. Easy-to-clean hard plastic surfaces on the seatbacks allow you to carry a week’s worth of camping supplies or mountain bikes without worrying about the mess. You’ll also have an optional underfloor storage compartment which adds 2.5 cubic feet of extra space along with removable and washable bins.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
No matter where your journey takes you, the Honda Passport keeps you connected with an optional 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Listen to your favorite songs with outstanding clarity and depth with the available 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system found on Passport Elite trim levels.
An optional 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi TCU which has the ability to support up to seven devices along with a free 90-day/3GB trial period AT&T data plan. Use this cutting-edge system to access HondaLink® cloud-based services including maintenance tracking, appointment scheduling, and vehicle location services. Included as standard on every Passport, the revolutionary Honda Sensing suite of active driver-assistive safety technologies is ready to provide a helping hand when you need it the most.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower Direct-Injected i-VTEC® V-6 Engine
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel-Drive System
- Honda Sensing®
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Starting at $44,945 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats w/Orange Stitching
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel w/Orange Stitching
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Starting at $47,905 MSRP*
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- 10-Speaker, 540-Watt Audio System
- 8-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen
- Wi-Fi®Hotspot Capability
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,345.00 destination charge, options and accessories. Dealers set own prices. MSRP does not include $395 charge for select premium colors. $395 charge only applies to 2022 models.
**19 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating. Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.