Honda vs. Ford Comparison Page
If you’re in the market for a new vehicle that’s affordable, has a proven reputation for quality, and comes equipped with groundbreaking safety features — two of the brands that have likely crossed your mind are Honda and Ford. The choice can appear difficult at first, with both brands fielding a complete lineup of SUVs, trucks, and sedans. Fortunately, there are a few important distinctions between them that we would like to highlight. If you’re torn between Honda and Ford, Germain Honda of Beavercreek is here to help simplify your dilemma with this comprehensive brand comparison. After you see how Honda and Ford compare side-by-side, you’ll see why drivers from all across the country continue to choose Honda over Ford.
Cars.com 2020 American-Made Index
Every year, the experts at Cars.com carefully analyzes and ranks all qualifying cars built in the country in their American-Made Index. Due to increased consumer interest in buying local amid the economic disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic, new car shoppers are more closely scrutinizing the content of their vehicles along with their assembly. Logically, you would think that the American brand would be the most American-made? Guess again! In fact, Honda has more models (5) listed in the top 15 of the American-Made Index3 than Ford (1).
- 5. Honda Odyssey (Lincoln, Ala.)
- 6. Honda Ridgeline (Lincoln, Ala.)
- 7. Honda Passport (Lincoln, Ala.)
- 13. Honda Pilot (Lincoln, Ala.)
- 15. Honda Accord (Marysville, Ohio)
Hybrid & Electric Vehicles
Now more popular than ever, hybrid and electric vehicles have found their way into garages all over the country. Whether you’re looking to experience seamless acceleration, save time and money at the gas station, or simply want to do your part to help our environment — driving a hybrid or electric vehicle has a variety of advantages. Shoppers can choose from an extensive selection of four distinctive electrified Honda models. For comparison, Ford fields only a single EV and two hybrid models.
- Honda Accord Hybrid
- Honda Clarity (Electric, Fuel Cell, Plug-In Hybrid)
- Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Honda Insight
Regardless of how you typically drive your vehicle, everyone can appreciate the confidence and peace of mind that comes from knowing that you’re protected behind the wheel of your vehicle. Honda engineers have worked tirelessly to design and build some of the safest vehicles on the road today. Honda Sensing® (available on most Honda models) is an exclusive intelligent suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies designed to alert you to things you might miss while driving. Together, these features are engineered to give you a helping hand when you need it most.
You don’t need to take our word for it either! The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has named a total of 6 Honda models with either a TOP SAFETY PICK (TSP) or a TOP SAFETY PICK+ (TSP+) award for the 2020 model year2. In comparison, Ford earned just three awards for 2020.
- 2020 Honda Accord – Top Safety Pick
- 2020 Honda CR-V – Top Safety Pick
- 2020 Honda Civic Sedan – Top Safety Pick
- 2020 Honda Civic Coupe – Top Safety Pick
- 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback – Top Safety Pick
- 2020 Honda Insight – Top Safety Pick +
Whether you’re buying your very first vehicle or you’ve been buying new vehicles for decades — getting the most value for your dollar is a universally appreciated aspect of a new car purchase. For the sixth year in a row, Honda has been chosen as America’s “Best Value Brand” in Kelley Blue Book’s Brand Image Awards1, which provides recognition for automobile manufacturer’s successes in fostering and retaining brand characteristics that customers appreciate and pay attention to when considering the purchase of a new vehicle.
In awarding its “Best Value Brand” award for 2020, Kelley Blue Book noted that Honda’s quality, reliability, durability, and resale value were all key parts of the winning formula. For comparison, Ford did not earn any praise in these awards.
1. Best Value Brand awarded to Honda 2015–2020. 2020 Kelley Blue Book Brand Image Awards are based on the Brand Watch™ study from Kelley Blue Book. Award calculated among non-luxury shoppers. For more information, visit www.kbb.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.
2. Based on updated headlight specifications, 2020 Civic Coupe and Sedan built after Nov. 2019 and 2020 Civic Hatchback built after Dec. 2019 earn the IIHS TSP rating. Excludes Civic Type R.
3. Cars.com assesses several factors for the American-Made Index: assembly location; domestic-parts content; U.S. factory employment adjusted by sales; engine and transmission origin; and for ties, heavier curb weight is considered. More information about the “Cars.com 2020 American-Made Index” can be found at www.cars.com/american-made-index.