2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Model Review
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Starting at $23,915 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ)
- Choice of standard continuously variable transmission (CVT) or available short-throw 6-speed manual transmission
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Optional Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers
- Honda Sensing® featuring Traffic Jam Assist
- Sporty Euro-inspired exterior styling with a coupe-like profile featuring a cargo opening widened by 1.6-inches for enhanced practicality
- Available Qi-compatible wireless charging capabilities
About the Honda Civic Hatchback
Infused with athletic performance capabilities, enhanced technology features, and European-inspired style — the Honda Civic Hatchback is the perfect way to add a dose of adrenaline along with useful practicality to your daily drive. Offering a bolder alternative to the award-winning Civic Sedan, the Civic Hatchback stands out with streamlined styling that flows towards the rear to culminate in a unique rear liftgate. Once you take a seat behind the wheel you’ll discover a number of groundbreaking multimedia and connectivity features to help you stay engaged as the miles fly by. Perfect for those living active lifestyles, the Civic Hatchback comes standard with an enlarged rear cargo opening and 60/40 split folding rear seating. You’ll have your choice of two potent engine choices along with two distinct transmission options, making it easy to find the exact amount of performance and efficiency to suit your needs. Also standard across all trim levels of the Civic Hatchback, Honda Sensing® is a suite of cutting-edge driver-assist technologies designed to keep you alert and informed.
What the Critics Say
Honda Civic Hatchback Features
Both engaging and responsive, the talented team of engineers at Honda spent endless hours perfecting the nimble handling characteristics of the Civic Hatchback to match its potent powertrain options. Included as standard is a 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine paired to a CVT transmission. Searching for more power? Upgrade to the optional 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine and a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission. Compared to its sedan sibling, the Civic Hatchback is 4.9 inches shorter in overall length and features more engaging handling due to a lightweight composite hatch and wider rear track. An updated body structure has created a 19% increase in torsional rigidity in comparison to the outgoing version. For drivers that crave a thrilling experience behind the wheel along with everyday practicality, it’s tough to overlook the exciting Honda Civic Hatchback.
With a strong emphasis on both minimalism and functionality, the cabin of the Honda Civic Hatchback was meticulously designed to adapt to your busy lifestyle. All trims come standard with Honda Body Stabilizing Seats, constructed specifically to boost comfort on extended road trips. In just a handful of seconds, you can create a massive space for transporting cargo thanks to standard 60/40 split folding rear seats. You can hear your favorite songs with remarkable depth and quality using the optional Bose Premium Sound System featuring Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing, customized to the unique specifications of the interior. Removing unsightly clutter from wires and cables, keeping your smartphone charged up for the journey is easier than ever before thanks to available Qi-compatible wireless charging capabilities.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
Developed with the intention of supporting each movement of the driver, the Honda Civic Hatchback is available with the latest connectivity and safety features to give you greater confidence behind the wheel. Each model includes a standard 7-inch color LCD instrument display including a digital speedometer and tachometer on the left side and an analog speedometer dial on the right. When it comes to infotainment, you’ll have access to your favorite apps and media via a standard 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration. Drivers can also upgrade to an available 9-inch touchscreen, the largest ever offered inside the Civic, with wireless smartphone integration. Designed to keep you protected from the unexpected and ready to react, the standard Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive technologies now features Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and other groundbreaking technologies.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $23,915 MSRP*
- 158-HP Engine with continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 16-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Starting at $25,115 MSRP*
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes (available)
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Sport Pedals
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Starting at $27,615 MSRP*
- 180-HP Turbocharged Engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Leather-Trimmed Seats, Heated Front Seats
- Blind Spot Information System
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Starting at $30,415 MSRP*
- Bose Premium Sound System
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 9-Inch Color Touch-Screen
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Low-Speed Follow available)
- Wireless Phone Charger
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX. 26 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for Sport 6MT. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT. 31 city/39 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX-L. 28 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring 6MT. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring CVT. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.