2022 Honda Civic Sedan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2022 Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $22,695 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ) paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available Civic-first Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Touring)
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda Realtime Traffic
- Standard multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Available leather-trimmed upholstery featuring driver’s seat with 8-way power adjustment
About the Honda Civic Sedan
As the longest-running nameplate in the history of the Honda brand, the Civic has remained a smash hit since its introduction back in 1973. With over 12 million models sold since its debut, the Civic builds on its legacy even today as America’s #1 selling model with first-time car buyers. Now in its 11th generation, the Civic Sedan features an exterior appearance that’s more dynamic and athletic than its predecessors. Helping to enhance your drive, its sophisticated interior features cutting-edge tech features including standard Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ smartphone connectivity. No matter if you’re craving efficiency, responsive power, or a combination of both — the Civic Sedan offers your choice of two individual engines to suit the needs of all types of drivers. No matter where you’re headed, it’s always a reassuring feeling to know that your car is helping you stay one step ahead of danger. That’s exactly why the Civic Sedan comes standard with Honda Sensing®, a comprehensive collection of groundbreaking active safety features designed to keep you out of harm’s way.
What the Critics Say
What’s New For 2022
Reimagined from the ground up, the 11th generation Honda Civic Sedan makes its debut for 2022. Instantly recognizable for its bold exterior refresh, you’ll also find an updated interior layout along with an extensive list of standard technology and safety features designed to challenge even its most established rivals. A comprehensive selection of four individual trim levels makes it simple to find a Civic Sedan that’s a perfect complement to your driving habits and individual personality.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Athletic Styling & Performance
No matter from which angle you choose to look at it, the 2022 Honda Civic Sedan features an unmistakable exterior appearance that’s influenced by the original Honda design principles of “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” (or “M/M”). Conveying a sense of athleticism along with a more upscale feel than prior generations, the Civic Sedan now features a lowered beltline and windshield pillars that have shifted rearward for improved outward visibility. Boosting its handling abilities, the Civic also features a widened rear track and bold rear shoulder line for a more composed on-road feel.
Under the hood of the Civic Sedan is a standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 158 horsepower 138 lb-ft of torque paired to a responsive continuously variable transmission (CVT). Available driver-selectable modes including Eco, Normal, and Sport allow you to fine-tune the characteristics of your Civic Sedan to match your preferences. Contributing to its nimble handling is a lightweight front subframe which helps keep the Civic Sedan firmly planted during cornering.
Striking a balance between connected and comfortable, the driver-focused layout of the Honda Civic Sedan is the ultimate way to take command of your daily commute. Entry-level Civic Sedan trims feature a 7-inch color touchscreen as standard equipment, the largest display screen in the history of the model. Designed using the principles of Honda Body Stabilizing technology, the Civic also comes equipped with unique seats that are designed to enhance comfort on long-distance drives. Through careful attention to detail, the configuration of the cabin features a minimalist structure that adds a feeling of spaciousness. Drivers can take advantage of a variety of ways to listen to their favorite songs by using a phone, radio, Bluetooth® or USB media, or a connected smartphone for use with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. Another Civic-first feature offered inside the cabin is an available Bose audio system featuring Bose Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing.
Raising the benchmark for safety performance in the small car segment, the Honda Civic Sedan comes standard with an impressive array of groundbreaking safety features designed to protect both drivers and passengers. Debuting for the first time in a passenger vehicle, innovative frontal airbags found inside the Civic benefit from specialized technology to better control head motions in certain types of crashes. Another key feature included as standard across the model range is Honda Sensing®. Standard features included in this collection are Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), and many more. Every Civic Sedan is also engineered with the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, further improved for superior stiffness and protection in the event of a collision.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $22,695 MSRP*
- 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® engine and Continuously Variable Transmission
- 7-Inch Color Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Push Button Start
- Full LED Headlights
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety features
- Starting at $24,095 MSRP*
- 18-Inch Gloss-Black Alloy Wheels
- Gloss-Black Power Side Mirrors and Matte-Black Upper Window Trim
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Starting at $25,695 MSRP*
- 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Heated Front Seats
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $29,295 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- 12-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System including Subwoofer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 9-Inch Color Touchscreen with Wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
*MSRP includes $995.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**31 city/40 highway/35 combined mpg rating for LX. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport. 33 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX. 31 city/38 highway/34 combined mpg rating for Touring. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.