2019 Honda Civic Sedan Review with Specs, Prices & Photos
2019 Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $20,370 MSRP*
- Standard 158-horsepower 2.0L DOHC multi-point injected i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or available 174-horsepower 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Revised Display Audio system featuring a new interface including a volume knob and physical buttons for key functions
- All-new Sport trim level with unique styling, upsized 18-inch wheels, and enhanced handling
- Optional one-touch moonroof with tilt feature
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines
- Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
About the Honda Civic Sedan
Dynamic styling, innovative technology, unmatched efficiency, and life-saving safety features are only a few of the reasons why the Honda Civic remains America’s best-selling retail passenger car***. Drivers can choose from an economical 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or an available 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder to match their driving style. No matter which trim you choose, you’ll receive total peace of mind thanks to the standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. You’ll have no trouble bringing all of your gear along for the trip thanks to the class-leading interior volume of the Civic Sedan, rivaling the space of several midsize sedans. Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration makes it simple to access your favorite apps and media. A distinctive lineup of 5 unique models allows you to easily find the Civic Sedan which mirrors your own personality.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2019
A host of changes and revisions have been made to the 2019 Honda Civic Sedan. Every Civic Sedan now comes standard with Honda Sensing®. On the exterior, new enhancements include more subtle use of chrome accents on the front bumper, a restyled lower bumper, and blacked-out headlight treatment. Two new exterior color options which are now available are Platinum White Pearl and Molten Lava Pearl. An all-new Sport trim adds numerous value-added features, improved handling, and more aggressive styling.
Shifting focus to the interior, the available Display Audio system has been updated with a new interface along with a volume knob and physical buttons for important controls. Optional Bluetooth® integration has been improved to provide easier device pairing. A new center console cupholder can fit larger beverages. Updated dash trim and redesigned steering wheel controls round out the list of new features you’ll enjoy inside the 2019 Honda Civic Sedan.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Ranging from impressive efficiency to invigorating performance, the 2019 Civic Sedan offers a choice of two proven powertrains. LX and Sport trims come equipped with a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine which produces 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. From there, you’ll have the option of a 6-speed manual or CVT to give you excellent response and exceptional fuel economy. EX, EX-L, and Touring trim levels receive a 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with a peak output of 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. This turbocharged engine gives you some of the best fuel economy in its class, with maximum ratings of 32 city / 42 highway** for EX and EX-L trims. The Civic Sedan has built its reputation as a fun-to-drive sedan infused with sporty character. This legacy lives on with the new Civic Sedan Sport which includes boldly-styled 18-inch wheels, a stiffer front stabilizer bar, rear lower control arms, and exclusive shock absorbers.
In an effort to give you a more refined driving and ownership experience, a variety of subtle upgrades have been made to the interior of the 2019 Civic Sedan. These include a volume knob along with physical buttons for important functions on the optional Display Audio system featuring Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Other luxurious available interior amenities include dual-zone automatic climate control with new fan speed buttons, embedded navigation, leather-trimmed seating, and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror. Optional 60/40 split folding rear seatbacks allow you to access up to a massive 15.1 cubic feet of cargo capacity. Improving the refinement of the Civic Sedan, additional sound insulation has been added to the front fenders, rear fenders, trunk, and floor.
Honda Sensing® Safety Features
Dedicated to helping drivers and passengers stay prepared for the unexpected, all 2019 Civic Sedan models come standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. Examples of these features include the Collision Mitigation Braking System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, and a Lane Keeping Assist System. You can confidently maneuver in or out of a tight parking space using a standard Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines. EX trim levels and above also receive exclusive Honda LaneWatch™ as a standard feature.
Trims & Specs
2019 Civic Sedan LX
- Starting at $20,370 MSRP*
- 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with 158 horsepower
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission or available Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Auto High-Beam Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio
- Honda Sensing®
2019 Civic Sedan Sport
- Starting at $22,070 MSRP*
- Decklid Spoiler, Center Outlet Exhaust, and 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Available Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters
- 7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
2019 Civic Sedan EX
- Starting at $24,320 MSRP*
- Push Button Start and Remote Start
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Heated Side Mirrors
- Honda LaneWatch™
2019 Civic Sedan EX-L
- Starting at $25,520 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- HomeLink® Remote System
- SiriusXM® Radio
2019 Civic Sedan Touring
- Starting at $28,220 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- Heated Rear Outboard Seats
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
*MSRP includes $920.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**25 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for LX & Sport 6MT trims. 30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX CVT and Touring trims. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT trim. 32 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX & EX-L trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
***Based on Urban Science retail sales data for all car models in the industry 2016-2018CYTD July.