2021 Honda Civic Sedan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2021 Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $22,005 MSRP*
- Standard 158-horsepower 2.0L DOHC multi-point injected i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or available 174-horsepower 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Optional one-touch moonroof with tilt feature
- Display Audio system featuring volume knob and physical buttons for key functions
- Sport trim level with unique styling, upsized 18-inch wheels, and enhanced handling
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines
- Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
About the Honda Civic Sedan
Groundbreaking tech, bold styling, exceptional efficiency, and innovative safety features are just a few of the reasons why the Honda Civic continues to be the top choice in its segment. You’ll have your choice of an economical 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or an available 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder to match your individual driving preferences. Regardless of the trim level you select, you can drive with total confidence thanks to the standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. You’ll no longer need to pack light for your next road trip thanks to the class-leading interior volume of the Honda Civic Sedan. Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration gives you quick access to your favorite apps and media. A distinctive lineup of 5 unique models allows you to easily find the Civic Sedan which matches your own personality.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2021
2021 Honda Civic Sedan models are back this year with no major changes to report aside from the discontinuation of the 6-speed manual transmission. If you’re looking for a combination of innovative technology, safety, value, and efficiency – the Honda Civic Sedan remains the best choice in the segment.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Ranging from impressive efficiency to invigorating performance, the Civic Sedan offers a choice of two proven powertrains. LX and Sport trims come equipped with a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine which produces 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. EX, EX-L, and Touring trim levels receive a 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with a peak output of 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. This turbocharged engine gives you some of the best fuel economy in its class, with maximum ratings of 32 city / 42 highway** for EX and EX-L trims. The Civic Sedan has built its reputation as a fun-to-drive sedan infused with sporty character. This legacy lives on with the Civic Sedan Sport which includes boldly-styled 18-inch wheels, a stiffer front stabilizer bar, rear lower control arms, and exclusive shock absorbers.
In an effort to give you a more refined driving and ownership experience, a variety of subtle upgrades have been made to the interior of the Civic Sedan. These include a volume knob along with physical buttons for important functions on the optional Display Audio system featuring Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Other luxurious available interior amenities include dual-zone automatic climate control with fan speed buttons, embedded navigation, leather-trimmed seating, and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror. Optional 60/40 split folding rear seatbacks allow you to access up to a massive 15.1 cubic feet of cargo capacity. Improving the refinement of the Civic Sedan, additional sound insulation has been added to the front fenders, rear fenders, trunk, and floor.
Honda Sensing® Safety Features
Dedicated to helping drivers and passengers stay prepared for the unexpected, all Civic Sedan models come standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. Examples of these features include the Collision Mitigation Braking System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, and a Lane Keeping Assist System. You can confidently maneuver in or out of a tight parking space using a standard Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines. EX trim levels and above also receive exclusive Honda LaneWatch™ as a standard feature.
Trims & Specs
Civic Sedan LX
- Starting at $22,005 MSRP*
- 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with 158 horsepower
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Auto High-Beam Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio
- Honda Sensing®
Civic Sedan Sport
- Starting at $23,805 MSRP*
- Decklid Spoiler, Center Outlet Exhaust, and 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Available Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters
- 7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
Civic Sedan EX
- Starting at $25,155 MSRP*
- Push Button Start and Remote Start
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Heated Side Mirrors
- Honda LaneWatch™
Civic Sedan EX-L
- Starting at $26,355 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- HomeLink® Remote System
- SiriusXM® Radio
Civic Sedan Touring
- Starting at $29,055 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- Heated Rear Outboard Seats
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
*MSRP includes $995.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX and Touring trims. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport trim. 32 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX and EX-L trims. Based on 2021 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
***Based on Urban Science retail sales data for all car models in the industry 2016-2018CYTD July.